Evaluate Textural Characteristics with Ease
Texture Analysis measures characteristics such as:
(and these are just a few examples!)
It is a valuable tool for many industries. In applications where a customer's sensory experience of a product impacts their decision to purchase, texture analysis is essential.
Texture analysis is used throughout the supply chain. R&D departments evaluate alternative ways to produce defined textures in product development, and Production departments evaluate texture to ensure consistency in the output of the manufacturing process. Texture can also impact how well the product transports during distribution, as well as its shelf life in stores and after customer purchase.
Versatility is Key
The TX-700 Texture Analyzer can be used with an extensive range of sensors in the form of interchangeable attachments. This provides the flexibility to work with most texture types. The texture test results are shown on the display as a function of time. These results are shown and stored on the instrument, and can be transferred to a computer.
The probe and cell attachments provide for measuring critical textures in a wide variety of products. A few examples include:
- Firmness of baked products such as Bagels, Cakes, Muffins, Hamburger Buns and Bread
- Hardness of Cookies, Almond and other Fruits
- Breaking Force, stretchiness and flexibility of Tortilla products
- Shear Forces for Deodorants and other stick-like Cosmetics
- Strength of Gel Products, Tablets and Crackers
- Type of instrument: Texture Analyzer operating in Compression and Traction with 7" Touch screen
- Choice of sensors:
- 10 N (1 kg), Resolution 0.001 N (0.1 g)
- 20 N (2 kg), Resolution 0.001 N (0.1 g)
- 50 N (5 kg), Resolution 0.001 N (0.1 g)
- 250 N (20 kg), Resolution 0.01 N (1 g)
- 500 N (50 kg), Resolution 0.01 N (1 g)
- Accuracy: +/- 0.05 % of the full scale
- Speed range: From 0.1 to 10 mm/s +/-0.2 %
- Motion Height: 240 mm / Resolution: 0.1 mm
- Temperature: The TX-700 has a PT 100 sensor to measure your sample’s temperature from -50°C to +300°C
- Display: Force – Speed – Distance – Temperature - Time – Level of sensitivity - Date/hour - Choice of force units: gram or Newton
- Security and confidentiality: An "operator" function allows you to enter a username for your instrument. This user must then be identified using a 4-digit code. There is also a protected mode that locks your measurement conditions.
- Language: French/English/Russian/Spanish
- Compatible accessories: All probes and cells
- Supply voltage: 90-240 VAC 50/60 Hz
- PC connections: RS232 Port and USB Printer connection. USB Host Port - Compatible PCL/5
- What benefits are there for you?:
- Integrated adjustable turntable: diam. 160 mm.
- Table for attaching inserts: 120 x 220 mm.
- Available Operating Modes: Compression – Relaxation –Traction – TPA Cycle – Penetrometry – Relative Compression mode.
- Large selection of probes available, and custom probes can be made with choice of material, shape, and size according to your criteria.
- The TX-700 has a large 7’’ color touch screen which allows comfortable use and optimal viewing of measurements.
- Storage of your measuring methods. Data can be backed up and exported using a USB key. External control thanks to the optional software.
- Calibration kits: 10-20N (PN 150060); 50-250N (PN 150070); 500N (PN 150080)
- Software (PN 311005)
- Dimensions and weight: D610 x W340 x H650 mm Weight: 22 kg